MBFi Represent at the John Deere Soybean Information Day
The annual Soybean Information Day/s were held on the 27th and 28th of August this year in Delmas, and MBFi was proud to be able to represent as well as show case some of our excellent soybean products. The interest in soybean and the growth of the soybean industry in South Africa is growing at an exponential rate, and events like the John Deere Soybean Information Day and the World Soybean Research Conference (a leading international event) held earlier this year in Durban is helping bring together research and industry. Since 2001 there has been a 252% increase in soybean hectarage and a 376% in production, and new processing facilities are opening and being completed country wide. Therefore, it is easy to say that the future looks bright for soybean farmers as the demand from the crushing and processing plants is increasing and will continue to increase.
The general argoclimatic conditions in South Africa are not optimal for growing soybean, and inputs therefore become necessary. These inputs may include the likes of inoculants, fertilizers and lime. MBFi is a leading supplier of soybean inoculants and we hope to support our South African soybean farmers through the seasons to come with their production. MBFi supports a variety of soybean inoculants – for effective nitrogen fixation – which have displayed some impressive results in the field. Our products boast the latest technologies including OSMO Protection and Signal Generation, combinations that contribute to higher bacterial concentrations on seed as well as more resilient bacteria over a wider range of conditions; thereby promoting increased soybean yields.
Benefits of Soybean:
- Soybean represents an agricultural product with the highest protein yield per unit area.
- Soybean is a sustainable solution for the increasing protein demands of developing countries.
- Soybean protein is complete with a score of 1 on the Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS) in terms of human nutrition.
- Soybean is highly efficient in fixing inert atmospheric nitrogen.
- Soybean holds numerous beneficial properties for human health.
- Soybean biodiesel as a by-product from the protein meal industry offers a renewable and more environmentally friendly alternative option for fossil fuel.